Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Beannachtai Na Feile Padraig









Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone. This is a big, big day in the Dunne household. As 100% Irish Americans, we are proud to embrace our quarter and half blood brothers and sisters. We also begrudgingly embrace our brothers and sisters who use this day as an excuse to drink excessively during a weekday. Thanks for promoting Irish stereotypes. Finn was pleased to sport Irish-themed gifts from Aunts Colleen and Anne. Perhaps people aren't aware that Phineas Robert Dunne is Irish... this should clarify things. Molly even made little gift loaves of Irish soda bread and I am tapped to make corned beef and cabbage for dinner for Molly, Colleen and Harrison. Somehow, it sounded like fun when I was in the grocery store last night... now I want to figure out how to microwave the whole thing and call it a day.

Also, this would have been my dad's 80th birthday. So, happy birthday to Robert V. Dunne and I am thinking you would have made an outstanding 80 year old. In recognition of this special day we include a picture of the birthday boy Bob on the happiest day of his life (not sure why they were taking wedding pictures in what appears to be a public bathroom) and a picture of Jer Bear kissing the family stone... very appropriate.

Lastly, Molly and I got engaged on this day... that fateful night in East Pyne courtyard. So, happy engagement day to us. Let this be a lesson to all the ladies out there... you can pay a lifetime for quick decisions; don't get distracted with the shiny little sparkly things... nothing in life is free.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Where are the March Madness pictures? I want to see Finn's picks. I can't believe this is his first MM and there has been no Finn Fodder.

mz said...

Hi, I was doing some google searches related to family history and came across this Blog.

Finn is lovely.

I believe that I am Molly's 3rd cousin. Her Gt Grandfather Peter Reavey was my Gt Grandmother's brother. Most of the Reavey descendants have left Liverpool.

My sister in law gave birth to a boy (Leo James) on 3rd Sept last year so that would be a 4th cousin for Finn who is just a week older.

Love to you all
Margie