Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Blooming Flowers


Hello friends. I had a very cool moment with Cecilia today. When I was holding her (Molly was selfishly in the shower leaving me to care for both myself and the baby) I walked near this beautiful flower arrangement the good people from my office sent to the hospital. Cecilia turned towards the flowers and as I brought her closer I saw her "smell the roses" for the first time in her life. Of course, being the reborn blogger that I am, I pulled Molly's phone out of my pocket and snapped a picture. What a wonderful world we live in; I am so excited for Cecilia to discover all the amazing things around her.
For all the cognitive biologists reading the blog, don't ruin this moment by telling me that Cecilia is unable to process smell at this stage of her development. I saw it, and I am practically certain I saw her mouth the words "long stem is a nice touch, but peonies really capture my heart." I'm now off to listen to the song "Butterfly Kisses"...

No comments: